12 January 2022 (by admin)
Further to new updates received from the Department for Education the following precautions will be in place immediately, in a bid to protect our school community as best we can. Please see enclosed for further information.
• Contact the school ASAP if you or your child is symptomatic.
• Your child cannot attend school if they have Covid symptoms; a continuous cough* high temperature, loss of taste / Smell – a negative PCR will be required before they return to school.
• Inform school ASAP if you or your child have received a positive test.
• the 10 day self-isolation period for people who record a positive PCR test result for COVID-19 has been reduced to 7 days, unless you cannot test for any reason. Individuals may now take LFD tests on day 6 and day 7 of their self-isolation period. Those who receive two negative test results are no longer required to complete 10 full days of self-isolation. The first test must be taken no earlier than day 6 of the self-isolation period and tests must be taken 24 hours apart. This also applies to children under 5, with LFD testing at parental or guardian discretion. If both these test results are negative, and you do not have a high temperature, you may end your self-isolation after the second negative test result and return to your education setting from day 8.
• If your child has been in close contact with a positive case, they will need to take an LFD test every day for 7 days, they can continue to attend school during his time as long as they do not display any Covid symptoms or receive a positive test result.
• Failure to test will require 10 days isolation and your child will not be able to come to school.
*Three coughing episodes within 24hrs
Please work with us in doing our best to protect the pupils, staff and Hackthorn School Community.