May 2014 OFSTED Inspection – Outstanding in All Areas
Summary of Key Findings for Parents and Pupils
|The overall effectiveness of the school||Outstanding|
|Achievement of pupils||Outstanding|
|Quality of teaching||Outstanding|
|Behaviour and safety of pupils||Outstanding|
|Leadership and management||Outstanding|
“This is an outstanding school.”
- Pupils’ achievement is outstanding. They make exceptionally good progress as they move through the year groups.
- Children in the Reception class receive very effective help and soon gain confidence so that they develop a genuine love of learning.
- Teaching is outstanding and brings out the best in each pupil. Teachers and teaching assistants have high expectations and pupils rise to meet these, because they are given a strong belief in their own capabilities.
- All pupils, including those newly arrived, disabled pupils and those who have special educational needs and those who receive additional funding, make excellent progress. Their abilities are quickly assessed and skilled support is put in place where needed.
- Pupils’ behaviour, attitudes to learning and respect for each other are outstanding. They willingly take responsibility for others and feel very safe.
- The school gives pupils many interesting and stimulating learning experiences, including trips and visits, which bring topics to life.
- Every pupil is involved in school productions, which helps to motivate them and contributes strongly to their spiritual, moral, social and cultural development.
- Leadership is outstanding. Leaders are highly committed to continually improving the school, and their vision has instilled a deep commitment to learning in each individual within the school.
- The governing body plays an important and successful role in supporting and challenging the school, to help secure improvements.
October 2017 National Society Statutory Inspection of Anglican Schools Report – Outstanding in All Areas
We had our Church School Inspection on Monday 09 October 2017. This is known as a Section 48 Inspection and is only for faith schools. Staff, parents, Governors, our Bishop’s Visitor, Reverend Turnbull and our children (our best ambassadors) were all involved. The report was glowing and confirmed that we are once again ‘OUTSTANDING’ in all areas.
The highlights that stood out were judgements such as:
“Love and honesty are at the heart of how adults and children treat one another.”
“There is a strong relationship between school and local church”
“The distinctive Christian ethos of this school has a major effect on behaviour and achievement and brings out the best in all the children”
“The Christian vision and values of the school are evident in ‘The Hackthorn Way’ and are embedded through the prospectus, newsletter and website”
“Children’s behaviour is exceptional”
“The pupils sing superbly, with a high level of enthusiasm”
“Children feel valued, staff punch above their weight”
“The Headteacher and Governors have a strong commitment to the developing Christian ethos of the school”